Welcome to the library!
Borrow – completely free of charge
Books, speaking books and audio books. Magazines. CDs. Films. Video games. Language courses.
Terms of your library loan
Your library card
- Your library card is valuable - please look after it.
- You need a PIN code to borrow and renew items and reserve items on the internet.
- We process your personal data in accordance with applicable legislation. All employees who process the library’s personal data have a duty of confidentiality, and have signed an assurance to confirm that this data will remain confidential.
- If you no longer want a library card with us, you need to terminate your borrowing agreement. This is most easily done by sending an email to email@example.com.
Your personal information will remain until you terminate the agreement with Bibliotek Uppsala.
- In most cases, you can borrow books for four weeks.
- If it is not reserved, you can renew your borrowed item at bibliotekuppsala.se or by telephoning 018-727 17 00.
- If you do not return your borrowed item, we will send you a reminder.
- If you like, we can send you an email or text message to remind you that your item is due to be returned in three days.
If you return an item late
- It is free to borrow items, but you must pay a library fine if you return the item late.
- Adults who have library fines of more than 50 kronor must pay these fines before borrowing any new items.
- If you are aged 18 or below, you do not pay library fines.
Examples of library fees
Fines for late items
Books, magazines, CDs, films etc.
3 kronor per day.
Reminder fee 25 kronor each time.
You will pay a maximum of 100 kronor for all the items you return at the same time.
A new library card costs 20 kronor for adults and 10 kronor for children.
For more information about fees and the full terms of your loan, go to
Can’t find what you are looking for at the library?
If the item you are looking for is on loan already, you can reserve it. If we don’t have what you are looking for, you can ask us to buy this or request an interlibrary loan.
A whole library in your home
Bibliotekuppsala.se is always available. In order to use our website you may log in with your Swedish personal identity number or your library card number along with your pin code.